AccuTrex manufactures nitrile rubber, NBR, gaskets for the aerospace, defense, and petrochemical industries. We specialize in manufacturing custom gaskets to meet each customer’s specific requirements. To ensure that each nitrile rubber gasket meets all of your requirements, our staff works with each customer to determine the most effective manufacturing method for each part. We provide full production capabilities from prototype and short run quantities through large production runs.
Nitrile rubber, NBR, is an elastomer. Also known as Buna-N, this rubber is the most widely used elastomer for seals and gaskets. Its properties include excellent resistance to petroleum products as well as compression set, tear and abrasion resistance. It exhibits impressive resistance capabilities to oils, solvents, gasoline and petrol based fluids. It is effective for temperatures from -40°F to +250°F. NBR does not have good resistance to ozone, sunlight or weather, and is not effective for outside applications.
Nitrile (Buna-N) Gasket Applications:
Industries that use Buna-N gaskets include:
- Aerospace – High-performance seals that are resistant to oil and fuel, temperature fluctuations, and abrasion.
- Compressor – Abrasion and corrosion-resistant sealing gaskets.
- Electric Motor – Gaskets for components that are corrosion-resistant and require abrasion resistance.
- Military & Defense – Gaskets for equipment and machinery that are exposed to fuel and gas, and require good wear resistance.
- Petrochemical – Gaskets for process equipment that are resistant to corrosive fluids and temperature fluctuations.
Services & Capabilities
AccuTrex utilizes the most current technologies and manufacturing processes to produce custom nitrile, or Buna-N, gaskets to meet your specific requirements for each part.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting produces efficient production runs resulting from the high degree of repeatability during manufacture and precise cutting positioning. Our CNC-controlled water jet cutting machinery can cut materials up to 6” thick. Waterjet tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material.
- Die cutting – Die cutting produces custom Buna-N gaskets with exact, complex shapes. Process software provides efficient use of materials for high yields and high cutting speeds allow fast production and delivery of parts. Tolerances on die-cut nitrile gaskets are to ± .015”.
- Guaranteed delivery – In order to provide fast, timely delivery of your parts, we offer two programs to accommodate your production requirements. F.A.S.T.® Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. Turnarounds can be as little as one day. DATELOK™ allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage the delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by the material manufacturer. AccuTrex Products is an ISO 9001 registered and AS9100 registered, veteran-owned small business.