AccuTrex manufactures custom cork gaskets for industrial and commercial applications. To ensure that the parts meet all of your requirements, our staff works with each application to determine the most effective manufacturing method. AccuTrex provides full production capabilities from prototype and short run quantities through large production runs.
Features of Cork Rubber Gaskets
Cork is a popular material for gasket manufacturing due to its high compressibility and flexibility. When combined with rubber, such as silicone or neoprene, cork gaskets exhibit good oil, solvent and fuel resistance. Cork rubber material is manufactured from first-grade granulated cork and synthetic rubber polymers under heat and pressure. The rubber provides the capability to seal and grants chemical resistance, fungus, acid and extreme weather resistance. The rubber used in conjuncture with the cork material can be any of the following; Neoprene, EPDM, Viton and Nitrile (Buna-N). Cork and rubber gaskets are used in motors, transformers and as anti-vibration seals.
Industrial Applications For Cork Gaskets
Some industries that use cork gaskets are:
- Electric Motor – Gaskets for shock and vibration control on motor mounts.
- HVAC –Vibration absorbing gaskets for ducts, furnaces, and compressors.
- Power & Utility – Gaskets for use in compressors, turbines, and engines that require fuel or oil resistant seals and equipment that need vibration control.
- Locomotive – Engine gaskets for filters and fuel lines that require fuel and oil resistance. Gasketing for engine mounts to provide vibration and shock control.
- Material Handling – Gaskets for vibration and shock control.
- Compressor – Oil and fuel-resistant sealing gaskets and shock & vibration dampening gaskets for mountings.
Services & Capabilities
AccuTrex utilizes current technologies and manufacturing processes to produce custom cork gaskets to meet your specific requirements for each part.
- Die cutting – Die cutting produces exact, complex, custom cork gasket shapes. Software provides efficient use of materials for high production yields and high cutting speeds allow fast production and delivery of parts. AccuTrex can manufacture to ± .015” tolerances on die-cut parts.
- Waterjet cutting – Precise positioning and a high degree of repeatability for efficient production runs are two of the main benefits of waterjet cutting. Our CNC-controlled water jet cutting machinery can cut materials up to 6” thick. Waterjet tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material.
- Guaranteed delivery – AccuTrex recognizes that fast, timely delivery of your parts is critical to meeting and maintaining your production schedules. We offer two programs to accommodate your production requirements. F.A.S.T.™ Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. Turnarounds can be as little as one day. DATELOK™ allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage the delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by material manufacturer.
AccuTrex Products is an ISO 9001 registered and AS9100 registered, veteran-owned small business.