AccuTrex manufactures plastic washers for all industrial applications. We specialize in manufacturing custom plastic washers, offering stamping, die cutting and waterjet cutting services. To ensure that the parts meet your exact requirements, our staff works with each application to determine the most effective manufacturing method. AccuTrex provides full production capabilities and can manufacture quantities from prototype and short run through large production runs.
Properties Of Plastic Washers
Plastic washers are used in a broad range of applications due to the wide range of properties exhibited by plastic compounds. Overall, plastics are durable materials with a wide range of temperature tolerances. Most plastic compounds show resistance to corrosive materials such as fuel and oil and are low-friction. As a result, they are long-wearing and do not corrode or deteriorate. They can be manufactured to be semi-rigid or rigid. There are two main types of plastics – thermoplastics and thermosetting polymers. The most common plastics are polyethylene, which is a polymer, and nylon, a thermoplastic. Accutrex also carries their own line of color-coded plastic shim stock, called Practi-Shim™ where the color of the plastic indicates the thickness.
Industrial Applications For Plastic Washers
Plastics are a low-cost, versatile material for washers, and are one of the most common materials used for washers. Some industrial applications are:
- Construction – Washers used to help secure bolts or nuts, or to provide spacers to help secure fasteners. They are also used when between metals at a join to protect them and protect the join from rust.
- Compressor – Washers to join metal components, protecting them from rust and other corrosion.
- Material Handling – High-wear washers for components that require a low-friction operation.
- Petrochemical – Washers for equipment exposed to corrosive materials, or in high-wear parts.
AccuTrex produces custom plastic washers that meet the exacting requirements demanded by our customers.
- Stamping – Stamping is the most common plastic washer fabrication process, especially for larger quantities. Parts are consistent, with high repeatability during production. AccuTrex builds and maintains your custom tooling in-house. We also maintain a large inventory of standard OD and ID dies and ring dies that can be used to reduce costs and eliminate extra tooling charges. We provide a full range of stamping services to provide you with a finished part.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting is used to cut washers out of materials that cannot be laser cut, such as nylon, brass, copper and laminated materials. Our CNC-controlled waterjet cutting machinery can cut materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material being cut.
- Wire EDM cutting – Wire EDM is used for metals that can be difficult to cut or shape with other methods and for washers that require very tight tolerances.
- Guaranteed delivery – AccuTrex’s F.A.S.T. ® Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 24 hours of the order. DATELOK™ is a tool that allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage the delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
Excellence In Custom Design
AccuTrex is ISO 9001 and AS9100 registered and employee-owned. We work closely with each client so that each job meets your exact requirements and production is managed to our high-quality standards.
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by the material manufacturer.