AccuTrex offers carbon steel washers for industrial applications. We specialize in custom washers that are manufactured to meet the specific requirements for each job, using stamping, laser cutting, waterjet cutting and wire EDM cutting services. To ensure that your carbon steel washers meet all of your requirements, our staff works with each application to determine the most effective manufacturing method. AccuTrex provides full production capabilities and can manufacture quantities from prototype and short run through large production runs.
Carbon steel is a low-cost, high-wear steel that can be hardened to increase its strength and wear resistance. Low carbon steel has a typical hardness of Rb70/85. Parts requiring high strength and wear or for use in critical assemblies can be manufactured using high carbon steel or case hardened after manufacture. Chromate coatings can provide corrosion protection. Carbon steel washers are used for fastenings in all industries, especially the following:
- Aerospace – Washers that provide secure tightening for critical joins.
- Architecture – Decorative and high-strength washers for secure, anti-corrosive fastening.
- Construction – Washers to provide tight joins that will hold for long periods of time.
- Military & Defense – Washers are used for screw and bolt assemblies that must withstand harsh environments.
Using the latest manufacturing technologies and processes, AccuTrex produces custom carbon steel washers that meet the exacting requirements demanded by our customers.
- Stamping – Stamping is the most common type of carbon steel washer fabrication, especially for larger quantities. Parts are consistent, with high repeatability during production. AccuTrex builds and maintains your custom tooling in-house. We also maintain a large inventory of standard OD and ID dies and ring dies that can be used to reduce costs and eliminate extra tooling charges. We provide a full range of stamping services to provide you with a finished part.
- Laser cutting – Laser cutting produces non-standard OD’s and ID’s to eliminate the need to build tooling. High cutting speeds allow fast production and delivery of parts.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting is used to cut washers out of materials that cannot be laser cut, such as laminated materials and red metals, such as brass and copper. Our CNC-controlled waterjet cutting machinery can cut materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material being cut.
- Wire EDM cutting – Wire EDM is used for metals that can be difficult to cut or shape with other methods and for washers that require very tight tolerances.
- Guaranteed delivery – AccuTrex’s F.A.S.T. ® Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 24 hours of the order. DATELOK™ is a tool that allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage the delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
Excellence In Custom Design
AccuTrex is ISO 9001 and AS9100 registered and employee-owned. We work closely with each client so that each job meets your exact requirements and production is managed to our high quality standards.
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by material manufacturer.