AccuTrex manufactures Viton® gaskets for aerospace, defense, petrochemical and oil & gas applications. We provide die cutting and waterjet cutting services and specialize in manufacturing custom gaskets to meet the specific requirements for each job. Our staff will determine the most effective and efficient manufacturing method for each application to ensure that each part meets all of your requirements. AccuTrex provides full production capabilities and can manufacture quantities from prototype and short run through large production runs.
Viton®, a tradename of the DuPont Corporation, is an elastomer polymer that has excellent heat and chemical resistance. It is manufactured in 5 main formulations that provide varying levels of resistance to heat and corrosive materials. It is well regarded for its resistance to extreme heat, chemicals, oils, sun, weather, and mold. A distinct feature of Viton® material is its resistance to compression even when applied under very high temperatures.
Viton® Gasket Uses:
- Aerospace – High-performance gaskets that have high heat, oil and fuel resistance. These are manufactured using Viton® A, which has a high resistance to corrosive oils and lubricants that act as a solvent to other rubbers and Viton® F, which provides superior resistance to engine lubricants and fuels.
- Power & Utility – Gaskets for use in compressors, turbines and engines and cable couplings that require resistance to corrosive materials and high temperatures. Viton® B is used for these applications due to its ability to retain its flexibility after dry heat aging. It is recommended by the FSA for use in power generating equipment.
- Petrochemical – Gaskets for process equipment that are resistant to corrosive fluids. Viton® Extreme™ and Viton® B are used in this industry. Viton® Extreme™ offers superior resistance to the corrosive materials found in petrochemical environments and Viton® B offers chemical resistance and good flexibility to keep seals secure.
- Oil & Gas – Sealing gaskets that can withstand harsh environments, such as corrosive fluids and weather extremes, and heavy use. Viton® Extreme™ was developed for use in this industry and provides a solution to the difficult sealing challenges resulting from exposure to oil and gas.
- Military & Defense – Gaskets that can withstand harsh environments, heavy use and exposure to corrosive materials. Viton® F and Viton® Extreme™ are used most often for these gaskets due to their ability to withstand exposure to harsh chemicals. Viton® F offers superior resistance to engine lubricants and oxygenated fuels.
Services & Capabilities
AccuTrex uses the latest technologies and processes to manufacture custom Viton® gaskets that meet the requirements demanded by our customers.
- Die cutting – Die cutting produces exact, complex, custom gasket shapes. Our state-of-the-art software provides efficient use of materials for high yields and high cutting speeds allow fast production and delivery of parts. AccuTrex can manufacture to ± .015” tolerances on die-cut gaskets.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting allows for precise positioning while cutting and a high degree of repeatability for efficient production runs. Our CNC-controlled water jet cutting machinery can accurately cut Viton® materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances for waterjet-cut gaskets are based on the size and thickness of the material being cut.
- Guaranteed delivery –In order to provide you with parts when you need them, AccuTrex offers two delivery programs. F.A.S.T.™ Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 1 day. DATELOK™ is a tool that allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage the delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by material manufacturer.
AccuTrex Products is an ISO 9001 registered and AS9100 registered, veteran-owned small business.