AccuTrex manufactures laminated polyimide gaskets and shims for use in all industrial applications. Our custom gaskets are manufactured to meet the specific requirements for each job. Our staff will determine the most effective and efficient manufacturing method for each application, based on your specifications and tolerances. With its full production capabilities, AccuTrex manufactures quantities from prototype and short run through large production runs.
The AccuTrex Difference
We have a process of manufacturing our AccuPeel® laminated shim stock that enables our customers to peel our shims without using heat or a blowtorch.
When compared to our competitors’ material, our customers have seen our laminated shims save them both time and money.
Laminated polyimide has a broad range of uses due to its superior thermal, mechanical, chemical and electrical properties. Its non-conductive properties make it an excellent electrical insulation. Polyimide performs well in a wide range of temperatures, from -452° F to +500°F, and is resistant to radiation, solvents, and other corrosive materials. Widely used as a film, it is flexible, strong and lightweight. It is most commonly known as Kapton®, a film developed by DuPont. Laminated polyimide is used in the following industries.
- Aerospace – High-performance gaskets that meet the special requirements for aerospace applications, such as ESD protection, EMI shielding, resistance to oil and gas fluids and harsh external environments. It is used mainly for lightweight insulating gaskets, and not for electrical insulation due to its poor resistance to mechanical wear.
- Medical Component – Seals for electronic instrumentation using materials that provide EMI/RFI shielding and strong, flexible seals. Laminated polyimide can be cut to high tolerances for miniature and special-sized gaskets and seals.
- Military & Defense – Gaskets to protect ground and vehicle-mounted electronics operated in harsh environments. These gaskets must be thermally and electrically non-conductive and lightweight.
AccuTrex uses state-of-the-art technologies and manufacturing process to produce custom laminated polyimide gaskets.
- Die cutting – Die cutting is best suited for manufacturing gaskets requiring exact, complex shapes. Software provides the efficient use of laminated polyimide materials for high yields. High cutting speeds result in fast production and delivery of parts. AccuTrex can manufacture to ±.015” tolerances on die-cut parts.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting allows for precise positioning during manufacture and a high degree of repeatability for efficient production runs. Our CNC-controlled water jet cutting machinery can accurately cut plastic materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the plastic material being cut.
- Guaranteed delivery – AccuTrex’s F.A.S.T.® Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 24 hours of the order. DATELOK™ is a tool that allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage the delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by material manufacturer.
AccuTrex Products is an ISO 9001 registered and AS9100 registered, veteran-owned small business.