AccuTrex manufactures type 316/316L stainless steel washers for all industries, including the construction, medical, military and architectural industries. Our custom washers are manufactured to meet the specific requirements for each job, using stamping, laser cutting, waterjet cutting or wire EDM cutting services. Our staff will determine the most effective and efficient manufacturing method for each application to ensure the washer meets all of your requirements. AccuTrex provides full production capabilities and can manufacture quantities from prototype and short run through large production runs.
Type 316 and type 316L stainless steel is widely used for sanitary and “marine” applications due to its superior anti-corrosion property and ease of cleaning. It is more resistant to chloride corrosion than type 304 stainless steel, due to the addition of molybdenum. The material is used for equipment with high exposure to chlorinated water, such as pressure vessels, water treatment equipment and marine equipment. Some industrial applications for type 316 and type 316L stainless steel washers include:
316 & 316L Stainless Steel Washer Application:
- Architecture – Washers for architectural components in coastal environments.
- HVAC – Washers for components exposed to water and chlorides, especially for heat exchangers.
- Medical Component – Sanitary washers for equipment that is exposed to contamination and must be cleaned.
- Oil & Gas – Washers for equipment that is exposed to seawater or chlorinated water, along with high temperatures.
Using the latest manufacturing technologies and processes, AccuTrex produces custom 316 stainless steel washers that meet the exacting requirements demanded by our customers.
- Stamping – Stamping produces consistent parts, with high repeatability during production. It is the most common type of 316 stainless steel washer fabrication, especially for larger quantities. AccuTrex builds and maintains your custom tooling in-house. In addition, we maintain a large inventory of standard OD and ID dies and ring dies that can be used to reduce costs and eliminate extra tooling charges. We provide a full range of stamping services to provide you with a finished part.
- Laser cutting – Laser cutting produces non-standard OD’s and ID’s to eliminate the need to build tooling. High cutting speeds allow fast production and delivery of parts.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting is used to cut washers out of materials that cannot be laser cut, such as laminated materials and red metals (copper and brass). Our CNC-controlled waterjet cutting machinery can cut materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material being cut.
- Wire EDM cutting – Wire EDM is used for metals that can be difficult to cut or shape with other methods and for washers that require very tight tolerances.
- Guaranteed delivery – AccuTrex’s F.A.S.T. ® Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 24 hours of the order. DATELOK™ is a tool that allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage the delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
Excellence In Custom Design
AccuTrex is ISO 9001 and AS9100 registered and employee-owned. We work closely with each client so that each job meets your exact requirements and production is managed to our high-quality standards.
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by material manufacturer.