- Request a Quote
AccuTrex manufactures brass washers for the architectural, construction, oil & gas and defense industries, to name a few. We specialize in custom washers that are manufactured to meet the specific requirements for each job. We offer stamping, waterjet cutting and wire EDM cutting services. Our staff will determine the most cost effective manufacturing method for each application to ensure the brass washer meets all of your requirements. AccuTrex provides full production capabilities and can manufacture quantities from prototype and short run through large production runs.
Brass and brass alloys have many characteristics that make them popular materials for washers. Brass is malleable and has a low melting point, which makes it a good material for applications that are exposed to flammable or explosive materials. Adding aluminum and tin creates alloys that are stronger and more corrosion resistant, creating a material that is effective in some corrosive environments, such as exposure to seawater. Adding bronze and zinc create alloys that are harder.
Applications For Brass Washers
Some applications for brass washers include:
- Architecture – Decorative washers used when attaching lighting and other fixtures to the structure.
- Oil & Gas – Washers that are exposed to mildly corrosive environments, such as open sea platforms and to explosive materials.
- Construction – Washers used for plumbing and electrical applications.
- Military & Defense – Washers for equipment exposed to explosive or flammable materials and mildly corrosive environments.
Using the latest manufacturing technologies and processes, AccuTrex produces custom brass washers that meet the exacting requirements demanded by our customers.
- Stamping – Stamping produces consistent parts, with high repeatability during production. It is the most common type of brass washer fabrication, especially for larger quantities. AccuTrex builds and maintains your custom tooling in-house. We also maintain a large inventory of standard OD and ID dies and ring dies that can be used to reduce costs and eliminate extra tooling charges. We provide a full range of stamping services to provide you with a finished part.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting is used for materials that cannot be laser cut, such as brass and laminated materials. Our CNC-controlled waterjet cutting machinery can cut materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material being cut.
- Wire EDM cutting – Wire EDM cutting is used for washers that require very tight tolerances, and for metals that can be difficult to cut or shape with other methods.
- Guaranteed delivery – AccuTrex’s F.A.S.T. ® Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 24 hours of the order. DATELOK™ is a tool that allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
Manufacturing To Your Exact Specifications
AccuTrex works closely with each client so that each job meets your exact requirements and production is managed to our high quality standards.
Get In Touch With Us Today For A Quote!
For more information about brass washers and our manufacturing capabilities or if you want a quote, please get in touch with us today.
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by material manufacturer.
AccuTrex Products is an ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100 registered, veteran-owned small business.