AccuTrex manufactures spring steel washers for industrial applications. AccuTrex offers stamping, laser cutting, waterjet cutting and wire EDM cutting services, and we specialize in manufacturing custom washers to meet the specific requirements for each job. Based on your application, we will determine the most cost-effective and efficient manufacturing method to be used. AccuTrex provides full production capabilities and can manufacture quantities from prototype and short run through large production runs.
Properties of Spring Steel Washers
Spring steel is a carbon steel with a very high yield strength. It is a low alloy steel with a medium or high carbon concentration. It can be hardened and tempered to about 45 Rockwell C. Parts made of spring steel can withstand the stress of bending and twisting and return to their original shape, making spring steel an ideal material for parts that require flexibility and many cycles through a range of motion.
Industrial Applications For Spring Steel Washers
Spring steel washers are used for vibration and shock absorption and load management in for equipment in all industries, especially the following:
- Aerospace – Washers to provide effective vibration and shock absorption in extreme conditions.
- Electric Motor – Washers that provide protection against shock and vibration in the motor and mountings.
- Military & Defense – Washers for special applications that demand high load tolerance and vibration protection in harsh environments.
- Power & Utility – Washers for engines and equipment that require load tolerance and vibration protection.
Our Manufacturing Capabilities
Using the latest manufacturing technologies and processes, AccuTrex produces custom spring steel washers that meet the exacting requirements demanded by our customers.
- Stamping – Stamping is the most common type of spring steel washer fabrication, especially for larger quantities. Parts are consistent, with high repeatability during production. AccuTrex builds and maintains your custom tooling in-house. We also maintain a large inventory of standard OD and ID dies and ring dies that can be used to reduce costs and eliminate extra tooling charges. We provide a full range of stamping services to provide you with a finished part.
- Laser cutting – Laser cutting produces non-standard OD’s and ID’s to eliminate the need to build tooling. High cutting speeds allow fast production and delivery of parts.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting is used to cut washers out of materials that cannot be laser cut, such as laminated materials and red metals, such as copper and brass. Our CNC-controlled waterjet cutting machinery can cut materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material being cut.
- Wire EDM cutting – Wire EDM is used for metals that can be difficult to cut or shape with other methods and for washers that require very tight tolerances.
- Guaranteed delivery – AccuTrex’s F.A.S.T. ® Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 24 hours of the order. DATELOK™ is a tool that allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
Manufacturing To Your Exact Specifications
AccuTrex works closely with each client so that each job meets your exact requirements and production is managed to our high quality standards.
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by material manufacturer.
AccuTrex Products is an ISO 9001 registered and AS9100 registered, veteran-owned small business.