AccuTrex manufactures laminated polyimide shims and gaskets for use in all industrial applications. Our custom shims are manufactured to meet the specific requirements for each job. Our staff will determine the most effective and efficient manufacturing method for each application. With its full production capabilities, AccuTrex manufactures quantities from prototype and short run through large production runs.
Laminated polyimide has a broad range of uses due to its superior thermal, mechanical, chemical and electrical properties. Its non-conductive properties make it an excellent electrical insulation. Polyimide performs well in a wide range of temperatures, from -452° F to +500°F, and is resistant to radiation, solvents, and other corrosive materials. Widely used as a film, it is flexible, strong and lightweight. It is most commonly known as Kapton®, a film developed by DuPont. Laminated polyimide is used in the following industries.
- Aerospace – Shims manufactured using laminated polyimide meet the special requirements for aerospace applications, such as ESD protection, EMI shielding, resistance to oil and gas fluids and harsh external environments.
- Medical Component – Shims for electronic instrumentation using materials that provide EMI/RFI shielding and strong, flexible seals. Laminated polyimide can be cut to high tolerances for miniature and special-sized shims and gaskets.
- Military & Defense – Shims to protect components from in-ground and vehicle-mounted electronics operated in harsh environments. These shims must be thermally and electrically non-conductive and lightweight.
AccuTrex uses state-of-the-art technologies and manufacturing process to produce custom laminated polyimide shims and gaskets.
- Die cutting – Die cutting is best suited for manufacturing shims and gaskets requiring exact, complex shapes. Software provides the efficient use of laminated polyimide materials for high yields. High cutting speeds result in fast production and delivery of parts. AccuTrex can manufacture to ±.015” tolerances on die-cut parts.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting allows for precise positioning during manufacture and a high degree of repeatability for efficient production runs. Our CNC-controlled water jet cutting machinery can accurately cut plastic materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material being cut.
- Inspection and quality control – AccuTrex uses state-of-the-art technologies and testing methodologies to ensure that the laminated polyimide shims and gaskets we manufacture for you meet the highest quality standards.
- Guaranteed delivery – AccuTrex’s F.A.S.T.® Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 24 hours of the order. DATELOK™ is a tool that allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
AccuTrex is veteran-owned and is committed to working with each customer to manufacture each laminated polyimide shim and gasket to our high-quality standards and your exact requirements.
AccuTrex Products is an ISO 9001 and AS9100 registered, veteran-owned small business.