AccuTrex offers custom copper washers for industrial applications, including the construction, electric motor, defense and medical industries. AccuTrex offers stamping, waterjet cutting, and wire EDM cutting services to manufacture your custom washer to your specific requirements. Our staff will determine the most cost-effective and efficient manufacturing method for each application. AccuTrex provides full production capabilities and can manufacture quantities from prototype and short run through large production runs.
Properties Of Copper Washers
Copper is both malleable and ductile, making it an ideal metal for stamping and forming. In addition, it is a good conductor of heat and, in its pure form, of electricity. When combined with beryllium, the resulting alloy is non-magnetic, corrosion-resistant and an excellent heat and electrical conductor. Copper’s strength, wear-, crush- and corrosion-resistance make it an ideal material for washers in a broad range of applications.
Industrial Applications For Copper Washers
It is used in all industries, including:
- Construction – Washers for plumbing and electrical assemblies that require corrosion-resistance and excellent heat and electrical conductivity.
- Electric Motor – Crush washers to seal unions with fluids or liquids.
- Military & Defense – Washers for seals in electronic equipment and to provide electrical insulation for equipment. Copper crush washers provide seals for join with fluids or liquids.
- Medical Components – Medical component washers requiring durability and excellent conductive properties and biomedical equipment components requiring anti-corrosive properties.
Our Manufacturing Capabilities
Using the latest manufacturing technologies and processes, AccuTrex produces custom copper washers that meet the exacting requirements demanded by our customers.
- Stamping – Stamping produces consistent washers, with high repeatability during production. It is the most common type of fabrication used for copper washers, especially for larger quantities. AccuTrex builds and maintains your custom tooling in-house. In addition, we maintain a large inventory of standard OD and ID dies and ring dies that can be used to reduce costs and eliminate extra tooling charges. We provide a full range of stamping services to provide you with a finished part.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting is used to cut washers out of materials that cannot be laser cut, such as copper, brass, and laminated materials. Our CNC-controlled waterjet cutting machinery can cut materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material being cut.
- Wire EDM cutting – Wire EDM is used for metals that can be difficult to cut or shape with other methods and for washers that require very tight tolerances.
- Guaranteed delivery – AccuTrex’s F.A.S.T. ® Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 24 hours of the order. DATELOK™ is a tool that allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage the delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
Manufacturing To Your Exact Specifications
AccuTrex works closely with each client so that each job meets your exact requirements and production is managed to our high-quality standards.
Get In Touch With Us Today For A Quote!
For more information about brass washers and our manufacturing capabilities or if you want a quote, please get in touch with us today.
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by the material manufacturer.
AccuTrex Products is an ISO 9001 registered and AS9100 registered, veteran-owned small business.