AccuTrex manufactures AccuPeel® laminated shim washers for use in all industrial applications, including the electric motor, architectural, medical and material handling industries. We offer stamping, waterjet cutting, and wire EDM services to manufacture our custom shim washers to your exact specifications. Our staff will determine the most cost-effective and efficient manufacturing method for your application. With its full production capabilities, AccuTrex manufactures quantities from prototype and short run through large production runs.
AccuTrex manufactures AccuPeel® laminated shim stock in aluminum, brass, stainless steel, carbon steel, and titanium. All of our laminated shim washer materials offer uniform, easy-to-peel laminations and it certifies to AMS-DTL-22499 (formerly MIL-S-22499). Our laminated shim stock is available in standard 24” X 48” sheets, with 002” and .003” foils. Custom peel strengths and sheet sizes are available to meet your specific requirements.
Laminated Shim Washer Applications
Laminated shim washers are used for a broad range of applications serving the OEM and replacement part markets. The different materials available provide a wide range of attributes, from strength to EMI/RFI protection to corrosion resistance. They are used to provide precise, custom seals and shock and vibration protection. Some industrial uses include:
- Electric Motor – Washers used for vibration and shock control.
- Architectural – Washers used to securely fasten architectural elements to uneven surfaces.
- Medical Component – Specialty washers and shims for electronic instrumentation using materials that provide EMI/RFI shielding and strong, flexible seals.
- Material Handling – Shims washers for equipment that requires vibration protection.
AccuTrex uses state-of-the-art technologies and manufacturing process to produce custom shims and gaskets.
- Stamping – Stamping produces consistent parts, with high repeatability during production. It is the most common type of laminated washer fabrication, especially for larger quantities. AccuTrex builds and maintains your custom tooling in-house. We also maintain a large inventory of standard OD and ID dies and ring dies that can be used to reduce costs and eliminate extra tooling charges. We provide a full range of stamping services to provide you with a finished part.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting is used to cut washers out of materials that cannot be laser cut, such as brass and laminated materials. Our CNC-controlled waterjet cutting machinery can cut materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material being cut.
- Wire EDM cutting – Wire EDM is used for metals that can be difficult to cut or shape with other methods and for washers that require very tight tolerances.
- Guaranteed delivery – AccuTrex’s F.A.S.T. ® Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 24 hours of the order. DATELOK™ is a tool that allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage the delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
AccuTrex works closely with each client so that each job meets your exact requirements and production is managed to our high-quality standards.Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by the material manufacturer.