- Request a Quote
AccuTrex manufactures custom valve shims for industrial applications. We offer stamping, die cutting, laser cutting, and waterjet cutting services to manufacture precision, high-performance valve shims for your application. To ensure that the parts meet your exact requirements, our staff works with each application to determine the most effective manufacturing method. AccuTrex provides full production capabilities and can manufacture quantities from prototype and short run through large production runs.
Valve shims are used to adjust the lash (clearance) between a valve and cam-lobe in motors and engines. Manufactured of hardened metal, these shims protect the valve in high RPM and high-performance motors and engines. We manufacture flat valve shims which are discs that sit on top of the valve stem and move up and down within a machined bore within the valve.
Industrial Applications for Valve Shims
- Power & Utility – Flat and lash cap valve shims used in motors, engines, and turbines
- Automotive & Motorsports – Flat valve shims used for high RPM motors
- Locomotive – Valve shims used for locomotive engines requiring valve-train weight reductions
- Mining – Shims used for valves in high RPM engines and engines requiring valve-train weight reductions
AccuTrex produces custom valve shims that meet the exacting requirements demanded by our customers. Please send us your dwgs and specifications for your custom part.
- Stamping – Stamping is the most common type of valve shim fabrication, especially for larger quantities. Parts are consistent, with high repeatability during production. AccuTrex builds and maintains your custom tooling in-house. We also maintain a large inventory of standard OD and ID dies and ring dies that can be used to reduce costs and eliminate extra tooling charges. We provide a full range of stamping services to provide you with a finished part.
- Laser cutting – Laser cutting produces non-standard OD’s and ID’s to eliminate the need to build tooling. High cutting speeds allow fast production and delivery of parts.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting is used to cut valve shims out of materials that cannot be laser cut, such as brass and copper. Our CNC-controlled waterjet cutting machine can cut materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material being cut.
- Wire EDM cutting – Wire EDM is used for metals that can be difficult to cut or shape with other methods and for valve shims that require very tight tolerances.
- Guaranteed delivery – AccuTrex’s F.A.S.T. ® Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 24 hours of the order. DATELOK™ is a tool that allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage the delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
Accutrex is an AS9100 and ISO 9001 registered and Veteran-owned company. We work closely with each client so that each job meets your exact requirements and production is managed to our high-quality standards.
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by the material manufacturer.