- Request a Quote
AccuTrex manufactures plastic gaskets for use in industrial applications. Our custom gaskets are manufactured to meet the specific size and shape requirements for your application. We offer waterjet cutting, stamping and die cutting services to manufacture your part. Our staff will determine the most effective and efficient manufacturing method for each application based on your requirements and tolerances. With its full production capabilities, AccuTrex manufactures quantities from prototype and short run through large production runs.
Plastic gaskets are used in a broad range of applications due to the wide range of properties exhibited by plastic compounds. Overall, plastics are durable materials with a broad range of temperature tolerances. Plastic gaskets can be applied to many different uses due to its adaptable nature; being either used as very thin shims to be placed in between products or the plastic can be shaped into various different sizes through die cutting. Some compounds show resistance to corrosive materials such as fuel and oil and they can be manufactured to be semi-rigid or rigid. There are two main types of plastics – thermoplastics and thermosetting polymers. The most common plastics are polyethylene, which is a polymer, and nylon, a thermoplastic.
Industrial Applications For Plastic Gaskets
Plastics are a low-cost, versatile material for gaskets, especially for the following industries.
- Aerospace – Durable gaskets for high-wear seals that are exposed to fuel, oil or water.
- Material Handling – Gaskets for heavy-use machinery or equipment.
- Oil & Gas – Sealing gaskets for machinery exposed to water, fuel or oil.
- Packaging – Gaskets used in packaging machinery that require a durable seal during heavy use.
- Petrochemical – Gaskets for process equipment that are resistant to corrosive fluids and heavy use.
Accutrex carries their own line of color-coded plastic shim stock, called Practi-shim®. Practi-shim® materials are color-coded for easy identification of the thickness. Please go towww.practishim.com for engineering information, pricing and online ordering.
Services & Capabilities
AccuTrex uses the latest technologies and manufacturing process to produce custom plastic gaskets. We work with each customer to ensure that the parts meet the specific requirements for each job.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting allows for precise positioning during manufacture and a high degree of repeatability for efficient production runs. Our CNC-controlled water jet cutting machinery can accurately cut plastic materials up to 6” thick. Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the plastic material being cut.
- Die cutting – Die cutting is best suited for manufacturing gaskets requiring exact, complex shapes. Software provides the efficient use of plastic sheet materials for high yields. High cutting speeds result in fast production and delivery of parts. AccuTrex can manufacture to ±.015” tolerances on die-cut parts.
- Guaranteed delivery – AccuTrex’s F.A.S.T.® Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 24 hours of the order. DATELOK™ is a tool that allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
Get In Touch With Us Today
AccuTrex is ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100 registered and veteran-owned. Our staff works closely with each customer to ensure that every job meets your exact requirements and our high quality standards. Contact Accutrex today!
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by material manufacturer.
AccuTrex Products is an ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100 registered, veteran-owned small business.