- Request a Quote
AccuTrex manufactures custom precision compressor shims used for a range of industrial compressor applications, including engine, motor, clutches, and HVAC systems. Our manufacturing processes include CNC stamping, laser cutting, waterjet cutting, and wire EDM services to manufacture custom shims to your exact specifications.
With its full production capabilities, AccuTrex manufactures quantities from prototype and short-run through large production runs. Compressor shims are used to support and adjust the compressor clutch. They fill the gaps between the inner and outer part of the clutch, reducing wear and improving the performance of the clutch. Precision-fitted shims help ensure that the clutch engages the compressor properly and ensure that the airflow in the compressor is maximized.
Industrial Applications for Compressor Shims
- Construction – Compressor shims for HVAC systems, compressors, and equipment motors
- HVAC - Support for compressor clutches used in HVAC motors
- Medical Components and Devices – Shims for air and refrigerant compressors
- Power & Utility – Support and adjustments for compressors used in engines, motors, and turbines
AccuTrex’s high-performance compressor shims meet the exacting requirements demanded by our customers. Our capabilities include:
- Stamping – Stamping produces consistent, repeatable parts and is an ideal fabrication method for large production quantities. If your compressor shim requires custom tooling, we have the capabilities to build and maintain your tooling in-house. We also maintain a large inventory of standard OD and ID dies and ring dies that can be used to reduce costs and eliminate extra tooling charges. We provide a full range of stamping services to provide you with a finished part.
- Laser cutting – Laser cutting is used to parts that require non-standard OD’s and ID’s, eliminating the need to build tooling. High cutting speeds allow fast production and delivery of parts.
- Waterjet cutting – Waterjet cutting is used to cut compressor shims out of materials that cannot be laser cut, such as brass and copper. Our CNC controlled waterjets can cut materials up to 6” thick.
Tolerances are based on the size and thickness of the material being cut.
- Wire EDM cutting – used for very small parts, parts with a small wall, or parts requiring very tight tolerances
- Guaranteed delivery – AccuTrex’s F.A.S.T. ® Emergency Delivery Service is an exclusive expedited production service for urgent orders. It provides expedited turnarounds, with some orders produced within 24 hours of the order. DATELOK™ is a tool that allows you to lock in the delivery date for your parts, so you can manage the delivery of parts to meet your schedule.
Our staff will determine the most cost-effective and efficient manufacturing method for your application.
Accutrex is an AS9100 and ISO 9001 registered and Veteran-owned company. We work closely with each client so that each job meets your exact requirements and production is managed to our high-quality standards.
Please note: Any technical data provided is for informational purposes only. Before specifying this material for your application, please verify the material performance against specification sheet provided by the material manufacturer.